A Mixed up Family

A venting place for the day to day problems of combining two families

Thursday, May 11, 2006

My "Momiversary"

I heard this word, "momiversary" in a parenting magazine. Today is my Momiversary, the day I became a mom. Bear with me as I get a little nostalgic!

8 years ago today, I became a mom. At least in the true sense of the word. I had gone through two miscarriages prior to that. And though I considered them my children, and a devastating loss, I wasn't yet a mother. I like what someone on one of my lists once said. That the same little soul continues to try and enter the world until it's their time. If that's true, then my baby boy had great perseverance! Because of that, 8 years ago today, May 11, 1998...one day past Mother's Day, I held my beautiful little boy in my arms. 7 pounds 10oz, 19 3/4 inches of pure joy. I wanted him born on Mother's Day. But like everything else I do, I was late with this too! It's hard to believe that it was so long ago already. I am no longer "mommy" to him. I have become just "Mom". He's no longer the towheaded imp that once got a bucket stuck on his head. He is now a rough and tumble, opinionated, smart and clever boy.

So hold tight to your little ones. Enjoy every moment of their babyhood. Because one day, they too will grow up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home