A Mixed up Family

A venting place for the day to day problems of combining two families

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happenings in the Mixed up Family

Well, it seems this blog has become a griping place. I never intended it to be just a venting place. But as I tend to write mostly when I am emotionally distraught, that is indeed what it has become. So I thought I would update on what's going on in this part of the world. J is getting ready to leave for the summer. I think that was one of my first posts on the blog..when he was getting ready to come home last year. He spends 8 weeks every summer in Georgia with his dad. Sunday morning he will be leaving. My birthday actually. It's not a big deal I guess. But sometimes I wish he was here for my birthday. This year has been the easiest so far. I guess because I have an 8 month old and don't have time to sit around and dwell on things. Some people think that because this has been going on for 6 yrs that I should be used to it. It's never easy letting yoru child go for such a long time. This Friday, my oldest stepdaughter, C, graduates 8th grade. I've known her since she was 6, and lived here since she was 8. It's amazing to me that time goes so fast. I know Carla is having a hard time dealing with the fact that she is growing up and will go to high school in the fall. She's growing up to be such a pretty girl. So far, we have had no problems with her, other than the normal teenage attitude problems...lol. She likes boys, but seems to be more friends with them than anything. We can be thankful for that, for now anyways! Her father says he can't make it to her graduation. He says he has to work. But he takes off for everything else. He really makes me sick. It should make me happy that he's not going. It just solidifies what a real asshole he is. But I'm sure it bothers C. Even though she puts on a good front, I know deep down it hurts. Next up is Ch. Weekends have been nice. She even came last weekend to go to a BBQ with us. It was Father's Day weekend, and not our weekend so we were surprised she wanted to go. She was upset because we rearranged her room to use for a playroom. We left her bed and stuff in there. We are just utilizing the space because she is only here every 2 weeks. She expects everything to stay the same even though she made the choice to go. This past weekend was the first weekend that she was acting like her old self...the self centered side. I just bit my tongue and let her mom deal with it. She made mention a couple weeks ago about coming to stay with us a few weeks during the summer. It was an offer I had extended in hopes that she will come back one day. I just hope she isn't doing it to use us in order to go swimming. She will spend the whole summer at her stepfamily's farm stand, and not have anything to do. I don't want her to think it's ok to come here and then turn around and go back when summer's over and she doesn't need us anymore. We are still waiting for the papers to be drawn up to be signed for child support and custody. Carla has agreed to take a cut in child support and then share custody. I'm just glad she isn't signing complete custody away. Although I still think she'll have to fight with him if Ch decides to return. He won't want to go back to paying full child support. Carla just picked up two more stores to supervise in her district. She may be a district manager by the end of the year. She wants it but in a way she's scared. It's amazing to me what she has accomplished in just 2.5 short years. Who knew that her previous job's closing would open this wonderful door of opportunity? Now if I could ever get a job, we'd be doing great financially. I want to get a job. But I know it will make me sad to not be at home with my baby. Finally, we come to Cadence. She is 8 months old now. No teeth yet, and no desire to crawl. I alternate being thankful and being worried that she isn't mobile. She is the light of my life. She is such a happy baby. She still doesn't sleep all night, but it's so much better than it was. She is a big girl, off the charts for height. She is so beautiful, with her big blue eyes and toothless grin. It's funny to watch her when Carla comes home. She gets so excited. She also loves her big brother. She finds J absolutely hysterical. I'm sure she'll miss him while he's gone. Well looks like I'm all caught up. Finally a post that's not fraught (sp?) with anger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home