A Mixed up Family

A venting place for the day to day problems of combining two families

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Utterly Lost

What do you do when you've been lied to? How do you get over it and move on?In my last post, I mentioned how Carla was going camping. Well she didn't go camping. She went to Florida, to visit someone she has been friends with online for several years. Yes, the someone was a woman. She spent 4 days there. According to her, it was a wonderful thing. They talked and she realized a lot of things about herself. She realized that she was still in love with me. She says she needed the time away to think. And that she "needed to miss" me. I guess you have to go 1500 miles away to miss someone these days. She says she didn't cheat. She says that was never the intention. But it's been a bitter pill to swallow, when she has had sexual conversations with this woman, the woman has sent her nude photos, and she had said in the past that she would sleep with her. But I'm supposed to accept at face value that she didn't cheat. Well after 2 days of crying and arguing, I had come to terms with things for the most part. My gut says she truly didn't cheat. And I'm not a trusting person. So last night, I felt better about things. I felt optimistic about working through things. Today, I had even talked to the woman, and we talked about things and what was said while Carla was down there. So I felt that was in check. Then, during a conversation tonight, I asked the innocent question "Where did you sleep?" Her answer "In her room". Where? "Well she had a queen size bed". WHAT?! It sent me reeling. I feel like an even bigger idiot than I was already feeling. She doesn't see a problem with this. She said she never even had a second thought about it. Am I totally off base here with my feelings? Sure, if there hadn't been a history of inappropriate stuff between them, I might have handled it better. So what now? We are once again fighting. Because when I get angry, then she just batters ME with angry words and talks about how lazy I am and how I am a freeloader, etc. And I'm just such a bitch. This coming from someone who is supposed to love me and want to be with me forever? She tells me if I am unhappy then I should leave. Oh, that's great. I'll just leave, with no job, no money, and no place to go with my 2 kids. Does she even realize how ridiculous that sounds? I guess the million $$ question is: If I had the means to go, would I? How sad and pathetic am I that I really don't know what I would do? A person can only take so much of hearing about what an awful person they are. I don't feel like she really cares. Somewhere I have heard that it takes a 100 compliments to undo one negative remark. I guess if that's the case, it will take a lifetime to undo the scarring that she has done on my soul. Saying that I'm a bad mother is the most hurtful thing she does. I love my kids. I don't beat them, I don't hurt them. She thinks it's awful that I hold Cadence all the time. Or that I sometimes take a nap with her. I know I'm not without faults. I hate housework, and I do a pretty poor job with it. But who wants to do anything when you feel so awful? When you're just so beat down? I know I shouldn't make excuses. Relationships are give and take. And lately, I guess I don't feel I have anything to give. So it's like we're at an impasse. No one wants to give anything. So what do we do? Am I stupid for even wanting this to work? I feel so utterly lost.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW... I've been reading this story since the beginning and I stand here with my mouth wide open. I would not leave. I would kick her out. That's what I would do.

    She has a responsibility to support you and both your children. I cannot believe all the stories I hear about women deciding to bring children into this world and then leave each other either after birth or before the babie(es) are born. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN PEOPLE. Isn't there enought heteros that do that already.

    That's why I'm glad here in Canada there are laws. Partners can't just walk around and do anything they please, jumping from girl to girl without the consequences of their actions.

    I would hold her accountable for her lies and her words. Don't let her talk to you like that. KICK HER OUT!!!!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    Angele,

    Thanks for your insight. As far as kicking her out, this house is not mine. It belongs to her. So that is not an option. If her and I split up, she would most definately support the child that we had together. I'm not sure how it came across that she wouldn't. At this point, I've decided that this relationship is something worth trying to save. If she had truly, physically cheated on me, it would be different. And hopefully, one day, like in Canada, we'll have the same rights as married heteros. Thanks for reading.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Tanya said…

    Kris,

    I am so sorry to hear you are going through so much. When I read your words about taking 100 compliments to erase one negative comment it made me sad and I started wondering if I had ever spoken negatively to Rach.

    I was floored when you said she needed time to miss you and that she was still in love with you. Was this in question? How could she feel this way after such a short time with a new baby? Does she feel connected to Cadence?

    I'm just so sorry, there's so much I could say, but if you need to talk please feel free to email me.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no!

    I'm only here for the first time, so I do not know the whole story. I'm so sorry that you are in such turmoil. It's been a couple weeks since you posted this entry, so I'm hoping that you are well on your way to fixing your issues. It's hard to get past such a heartache. Even though she didn't "cheat" on you, I know that you must feel just as bad.

    Time has a way of healing wounds. If you believe that the relationship is worth saving, and sometimes it is, then I wish for you the strength to endure and the resilience to bouce back. However, if you believe that you are not able to continue, please do not forget to have faith in yourself. You can leave. It may take time and a lot of energy, but you can leave. I hope that you truly know that inside yourself.

    I wish you all of the best, my friend...

    Jenna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home